Saturday, April 25, 2009

Poor Bobby is Sunburnt....


Bobby is extremely sunburnt, so I am dutifully taking over the blog tonight.

Last night after the Starlight Gala, Eric, Tiff, Bobby and I went to the Balloon Bar to continue our festivities. Eric took a couple of very manly shots (even one that was lit on fire) while the bartender, Leighton, gave Bobby a TON of crap about drinking Miami Vices. Leighton told Bobby no Jamaican would be caught drinking Miami Vices because those are ladies drinks and that only a wus drinks those drinks.

So today we got up around 11 and got a couple of drinks at the beach bar. Bobby ordered rum and coke. Not because he wanted to, but because he was too embarrassed to order a Miami Vice. We ate dinner at the buffet and then decided to lay out in the sun....at the nude beach. Bobby has become quite the fan. Honestly, it is so much more relaxing than the regular beach. A lot fewer clothes means a lot fewer people. We graduated from the beach to the pool area today. We felt like that was really an accomplishment. Bobby downed 3 rum and cokes while at the pool. When we left there, he was feeling very buzzed. I've never seen him like that before....total hilarity.

We came back to our room and that is when Bobby noticed how sunburnt he was....from his stomach down to his knees. The downfall of laying out at the nude beach is that it exposes A LOT more skin to be sunburnt. I leave the rest to your imagination.

We got ready for dinner at a new restaurant with Eric and Tiff. After dinner we decided to go to the mineral pool in hopes that it would soothe the sunburn. It was only a momentary soothing. We came back to the room, watched the end of a movie and are sitting around in our jammies having just ordered room service.

We have one more full day to go. I have had such a great time here. We are both so grateful that Eric and Tiff joined us. We truly couldn't have asked for better travel companions. But I must admit that I miss the kiddos terribly, and even Marty, Lemmy and Yeller.

I wouldn't be doing justice to my first blog post if I didn't say how blissfully happy I am right now. Bobby continually has made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Never has anyone treated me with so much love, respect and adoration. And the way that he talks about the kids makes my heart swell. I feel so grateful to have him in my life....and I'm so proud to call him my husband.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh Jodi I am so happy for you! Your wedding /honeymoon sounds like it was so perfect. Can't wait to hear all your storys and to see the pictures and video.

    Your first blog was excellent right up there with Bobby's. You both are good storytellers. Hope your sunburn gets better, Bobby, that should make for a great flight home!

    Love ya, Jana

    ReplyDelete