Monday, April 20, 2009

so we are here!



Today has been a strange one. We got up at around 6:30 in the morning to take the kiddos to the sitters and to school, and left pretty much right after that for Jamaica. Well, sorta, first, I had to run down to my dads to get his video camera that he was nice enough to let us borrow, then we met up with Eric and Tiff at the hotel they had stayed at the night before. We were super early, getting there at the hotel at around 10, and not having to be at the airport until 12. So we wasted some time there at the hotel doing nothing really, except watching my brother continually adjust himself. Hes got no shame, its really something to behold. He will do that public too, which he has showed us several times today. Once I caught him doing it thru his shorts pocket, which I quickly called him out on.




The morning was also a little different b/c apparently this morning, at the airport here in Jamaica that we were supposed to be arriving at, some guy hijacked a plane and held people hostage for several hours. I, however, was not aware of that fact until later in the day, when I confided in my travel partners that I was in no way worried about the plane crashing, or missing flights, or anything that normal people would be anxious about. But instead, my only worry, and its true, was pirates. Yes pirates. I had concocted different scenarious throughout the week about what pirates could do to me if they stormed the beaches of our luxury resort and hold all of us hostage. Retarded, but its my only worry.




The flight only lasted 3 and a half hours, whicih seemed even shorter after the in flight movie was over. Im not even sure what it was, some football movie. I instead watched the new Wolverine movie on my video player. The only down side was the guy sitting next to the window in our row, who was actually sitting in our seat. We didnt say anything, didnt seem like a big deal. Until I realized he had somehow managed to sneak an entire medium pizza onto the plain, still in its box. Ive never seen anyone do that. So immediately there was a strong aroma of pizza, and then he took his shoes off, and the air smelled like pizza and feet. Then he closed the window blind things, just as we were trying to look past him out the window. Later, he would open the windows back up, only to have his huge window shaped head block the entire thing as he pressed his face against it. Coulda been worse.




So we are now here, the weather is ok, about 80 degrees, and it rained alot here apparently today, which they say never happens. So we should have good stuff the rest of the week. We just ordered a ton of food for room service, and are going to swim in a bit.




Gotta run, I got a cute gal sitting here.

1 comment:

  1. Well sounds like it all is starting out great!!
    I am enjoying your blog so far Bobby, keep up the good work. Have fun and good luck tommorrow!! Tell my girl Hi!

    ReplyDelete